Strawberries & Cream Trifle
By: Debbie Grimes, P.H.Ec. of OHEA & Niagara Region Home Economics Association
1 can condensed milk
1 ½ cups (375 mL) cold water
1 pkge vanilla instant pudding, 4 oz size
2 cups (500 mL) whipping cream, whipped
1 pound cake, cubed, fresh or frozen (298 gram size)
2 cups (500 mL) fresh Ontario strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced (reserve some slices for garnish)
½ cup (125 mL) strawberry jam
1/4 cup (60 mL) sliced almonds for garnish (optional)
1. In a large bowl, combine the condensed milk and water. Add the pudding and beat well.
2. Chill until set - about 15 minutes.
3. Fold in the whipped cream.
4. Spoon 2 cups of pudding mixture into a glass serving bowl; top with half of the cake cubes followed by half of the sliced strawberries, half of the jam and half of the pudding mixture.
5. Repeat the layering ending with the pudding mixture.
6. Garnish with strawberries, whipped cream and/or sliced almonds.
7. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.