By: Brittaney Berendsen, RD., P.H.Ec.
2 cups (500 mL) large flake oats
1.5 cups (375 mL) pumpkin puree
2 scoops salted caramel protein powder (I used @sixstar)
1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
1/3 cup (80 mL) chopped pecans
1/3 cup (80 mL) chopped walnuts
1/3 cup (80 mL) pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup (60 mL) hemp hearts
2/3 cup (160 mL) chopped dates
1/3 cup (80 mL) salted caramel chips
1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon
1 tbsp (15 mL) pumpkin pie spice
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a baking pan with vegetable oil.
2. Pulse oats in a food processor until coarsely chopped, set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix pumpkin puree with vanilla. Add oats and remaining ingredients and mix well.
4. Press mixture evenly into greased pan and bake for 25 mins or until golden brown.
5. Allow to cool fully before cutting into 8 bars. Wrap individually with plastic wrap and store in the fridge or freezer. Enjoy!
The Ontario Home Economics Association, a self-regulating body of professional Home Economists, promotes high professional standards among its members so that they may assist families and individuals to achieve and maintain a desirable quality of life.